Information about the
Hoof Health Research Funding Opportunity
The American Association of Bovine Practitioners and the Hoof Trimmers Association are pleased to announce the development of a co-sponsored funding opportunity to support applied research in the areas of lameness and hoof health. This funding opportunity will be administered by the AABP Foundation. A total of up to $25,000 or sums thereof will be applied to support one or more research projects.
The full request for proposal can be viewed here.
Applications: Applications shall be submitted online through a 2-step process.
- Applicants will upload a .pdf document of the final proposal to the website. An MSWord template should be used as an outline of what your proposal should include. Various free online tools are available to convert document word documents to PDF if needed. The full proposal excluding curricula vitae shall be less than 12 pages in 12 pt. Times New Roman font, single spaced with 1-inch margins on all sides. The proposal shall include:
- Lay summary suitable for publication – maximum 200 words
- Scientific summary – maximum 300 words
- Goals and objectives of the project
- Background information and literature review
- Materials and methods
- Expected outcomes
- Detailed budget with explanation of line items
- Additional sources of funding available to support the proposed research (if applicable)
- A curriculum vitae or biographical sketch for the principal investigators and co-investigators (maximum length of 2 pages per person; see grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/2590/biosketchsample.pdf for examples)
- Applicants will complete the online form including personal contact information, title of the proposal, and proposed budget and the name of the PDF file uploaded in the previous section.